Community Comparison Project Share
I decided to view Taylor's community comparison project, as his cover page caught my attention. Taylor was creative with his project and enjoyed the GIFs he inserted on every topic of discussion. He provided a lot of information and covered all of the major points. It was surprising to see the differences and similarities within the school. I live in Lindenhurst, so Copiague is fairly close to me, and it was surprising that the majority of Copiague's student population is Hispanic/Latinos compared to north port. It was nice to see the number of diverse students in the Copiague district. One of the parts that I enjoyed the most was the relationship between students and family that the school had. Both districts enforce the involvement of the community and parents. Since things like this might not always be seen it was nice to see the support both districts had. Considering my experience with my board of ed meeting and my project. Parent Involvement was a struggle with the community I attended the meeting as well as with one of the districts that I chose. I enjoyed the personal connection Taylor had with his project and how he attended one of the districts he chose. I too picked districts that I was familiar with and although I didn’t get the districts I wanted. I was able to research a district I lived by and had friends from and about a District, I coach soccer for. Both districts have similarities, but one still outweighs the other by one having more than the other on a certain issue or resolution. The discussion about money towards the end of the reflection was a great way to finish the paper because at the end of the day it comes down to the money. We can not fund or provide for districts if we don’t or aren’t given enough money for the schools. Like Taylor said although money is not the only factor it is crucial especially when one district is funded better than the other. Some schools are provided with things that other schools don’t have which affects the student's academic success as well. Not to mention the struggle the parents go through they struggle more with affording their children's extra curriculum activities and other resources. Taylor’s project was very well done and utilized his own experience and future that showed his emotional connection with his project.
References

Comments
Post a Comment